|Catholic Archbishop Adrian Smith|
The day also included a graduation ceremony for those that completed the First Certificate IV in Translation.
|Governor General Sir Frank Kabui and his wife, Her Excellency Lady Kabui handing out certificate to graduate.|
The course units completed for this certificate
- Identify different patterns and structure in language
- Translate with meaning, accuracy and naturalness
- Use writing conventions in own language
- Translate complex sentences and questions
- Apply principles and procedures for translating difficult words
- Recognise and translate different genre
- Discourse structure and translation
- Signal prominence in text
- Translate accurately and in a style that communicates with the audience
- Identify and translate figures of speech
- Translate abstract nouns and passive constructions
- Culture, time and geography in the Bible
- Maintain effective networks
Congratulations, graduates! This looks like a demanding course. May God bless you and your work in Bible translation.
For more information on the Solomons, click here.